When and where does admission take place?
Admission will made at Hospital’s reception.
Who admits the patient?
Only Psychiatrists do admission at Sahan Hospital.
What are the admission criteria?
- Presence of mental illness
- Likelihood of serious harm to oneself or others
- Incapability of making an informed decision
- Unwillingness to undergo care or treatment
What is required on admission?
- Family member
- Identity document
How long will the patient stay at the center?
Your length of stay at the Hospital will be influenced by the following factors:
- Patient progress, cooperation and individual circumstances
- The therapeutic team who will gauge patient’s recovery
What the patient will need during your stay?
- Comfortable casual clothes and shoes
- Bath towels
- Chronic medication
What is not allowed?
- Cigarettes (Sahan Center for Mental Health Care is a non-smoking facility)
- Any kind of drug including ‘khat’
- Cellphones (tablets)